Introduction - Georgian Stores is committed to maintaining the
accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
Accordingly, we have adopted, as store policy, ten personal information privacy
principles, based upon the requirements of the Personal Information Protection
and Electronic Documents Act (the "Act").
Our 10 Privacy Principles:
2. Identifying Purposes: Georgian Stores will collect and use personal information about our customers to identify them, to communicate with them, to conduct and complete sales transactions, to protect the Georgian Stores, the Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology and Georgian Stores customers against error and fraud, to understand what products and services our customers want and to provide information about our products and services to our customers. We will not disclose any personal information concerning our customers to anyone else and we will not permit anyone else to use personal information about our customers for any purpose without the customer's consent. Other purposes for which personal information may be collected will be identified by us or through our authorized representatives.
3. Consent: We will collect, use and disclose your Personal Information only with your knowledge and consent, except where otherwise required or permitted by law. Consent can be express or, in some circumstances, implied, and may be given in writing, by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, verbally (in person or by telephone), or by your conduct, such as use of a product or service. We will consider all relevant factors, including the sensitivity of the information and your reasonable expectations in determining whether express or implied consent is appropriate in the circumstances. We will not use your implied consent for the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information such as financial data.
Georgian Stores does not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service to you, require you to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information beyond that information which is required to complete the transaction.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. Simply contact us and advise us of what personal information you no longer wish us to use.
4. Limiting Collection: We will limit the collection of your Personal Information to only those details that are necessary for the purposes identified.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Your personal information may only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, other purposes you consent to, or as required or permitted by law. It may only be kept for as long as is necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by law.
6. Accuracy: We will keep personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary and to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards: We will protect all personal information in our possession from unauthorized access or alteration or from inadvertent destruction by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness: We will make available to you, upon request, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Access: At your request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, as well as give you access to the information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information, and to amend it as necessary. However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, this information will not be disclosed to you. Some examples of these circumstances are information that contains references to other individuals, that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under the age of eighteen, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of eighteen, we will remove that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a person under the age of eighteen, please contact us.
10. Challenging Compliance: - You may contact us with any inquiries, concerns or suggestions with respect to our privacy policies and practices. You may contact us at:
Kim Stubbs, General Manager
One Georgian Drive
Barrie, ON L4M 3X9
(705) 728-1968 ext.1201
back to top
Introduction Welcome to Georgian Stores website (the "Website"). The Website is operated by the Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology ("Georgian College").
Jurisdiction Georgian College controls and/or directs the control of the Website from within the Province of Ontario, Canada. The Website can be accessed from other jurisdictions (including the provinces and territories across Canada, and other countries), each of which may have laws that differ from those of the Province of Ontario. By accessing the Website, the User agrees that all matters relating to access, or use of, the Website, or linked websites, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada. The user further agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of Ontario and acknowledges that he or she is responsible for complying with local laws.
Registered Users Certain features, content and components of the Website may only available to individuals who create a user account on the Website. Such person shall be referred to herein as a "Registered User". In addition to being bound by all other terms set out in this agreement, a Registered User agrees that he/she is eighteen years of age (18) or older agrees to provide and maintain true, accurate, current and complete information about himself/herself as required by any registration form(s) on the Website. Georgian College retains the right to suspend or terminate the Registered User's account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website (or any portion thereof) in the event that Registered User provides any information that is true, inaccurate, not current or incomplete.
Trademarks "Georgian Stores", the "Georgian Your College - Your Future" logo, and related words, domain names and logos are trademarks and the property of Georgian College. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
Intellectual Property All content on the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, designs, pictures, images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, and the selection and arrangement thereof (the "Site Content"), and all applets, processes, software, technology, overall "look and feel", and business processes used to market products and services are the proprietary property of Georgian College or its licensors with ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No Site Content or other proprietary property of Georgian College may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, incorporated into any database or compilation, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Georgian College.
Security The User is prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for the User's use or logging onto a server or an account to which the User is not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user host or network , including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mail bombing" or "crashing;" or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil criminal liability.
The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the Site is updated on a regular basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Bookstore by our suppliers and other third parties. The User agrees not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. User further agrees not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer™, Netscape Navigator™, and Mozilla Firefox™. Additionally, The User agrees not to take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of Georgian Stores or its suppliers affected by User's action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the company that hosts this site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
Merchantability and Fitness THE MATERIAL AND INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT GEORGIAN COLLEGE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS, ITS MERCHANDISE, SERVICE, OR INFORMATION INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, CURRENCY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS.
Bookstore Services Gift Cards Bookstore Services Gift Cards ARE NOT redeemable for cash, and cannot be used to purchase third party gift cards.
Links To Third Party Sites As a service to users of the website, Georgian College may, from time to time, include links to third party sites over which Georgian College has no control. Georgian College provides no endorsement or representation of any kind regarding the products, services, content or appropriateness of content of such third party sites, and the user hereby irrevocably waives any claim against Georgian College with respect to such third party sites.
Disclaimer of Liability None of Georgian College or any of its respective board of governors, directors, employees, or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any other linked website. This limitation of liability is comprehensive and applies to all damages, including without limitation direct, indirect, compensatory, incidental, special, consequential, loss of data, profit or income, loss of or damage to property, and third party claims.
Prices, Shipping Costs & Quantities Although Georgian College makes reasonable efforts to include accurate and current information, prices and availability are subject to change without notice. GEORGIAN COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO LIMIT QUANTITIES. All prices are in Canadian dollars. Shipping costs may vary from printed rates depending on weight, product type, and destination. Changes in shipping costs to the customer will be confirmed prior to billing.
Identification Georgian College may require valid student, staff, or faculty identification for the sale of some computer software, hardware, or licensed products.
Modifications to Website Use and Access Georgian College shall have the sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, to modify, alter or discontinue any aspect of the Website including, but not limited to, (i) restricting the time the Website is available, (ii) restricting the amount of use permitted, and (iii) restricting or terminating any user's right to use the Website. User agrees that any termination or cancellation of access to, or use of, the Website may be effected without prior notice.
Assignment Georgian College may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of its successors, assigns and licensees.
No Waiver to be Construed Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by the User or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce the strict performance of the other party with respect to any provision of this Agreement, or to exercise any right under this Agreement, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that any other instance; rather, the same will remain in full force and effect.
Copyright (c) 2006 Georgian Stores. All rights reserved.back to top